Sunday, January 08, 2006

Manic Stitching

I've been feeling under the weather this past week, but I still stitched as much as I could. On January 4th, I started working on DH's stocking, Dimensions' Santa's Wildlife Stocking, designed by Donna Race. This is actually a re-start. I did the project originally in late 2003. But the fabric in the kit was this extremely stiff Aida and I wasn't feeling it. I decided to re-stitch it recently, so I purchased some 28 count white opalescent Cashel linen. The scan doesn't show any of the sparklies at all, but trust me, they're there. This is 3 days' worth of work.






I also picked up The Drawn Thread's Winter Into Spring again this afternoon. I stitched letters f to k and the 5th band as well as a section of the Spot Motif Band. The 5th band is made up of Interlaced Herringbone and Petite Beads (the beads will be left for last). The Interlaced Herringbone was such a challenge... okay fine, I'll say it. They were an absolute pain in the butt! OMG. It was extremely frustrating. I had to frog the area twice and the interlacing was a bit confusing. It is well worth the effort though as the effect is amazing. Even DH was impressed. :)

I am tempted so start another project, but I think I'll stick to the 4 that I have actively going right now. Tomorrow will be the Celtic Banner SAL. I'm so excited. That poor project hasn't seen the light of day in ages.

3 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Abi those are great starts! Personally I wouldn't start another project, then you won't make great strides in progress on the current WIPS!

I hope you're feeling better and I'm looking forward to pulling out Celtic Banner today as well!

Scully said...

Abi, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't felt well. Your stocking looks great so far and the DT piece gets prettier by the band!

Kiwi Jo said...

Great start to your stocking Abi! It's wonderful to have you SALing with me :) Hope you feel better soon.