Sunday, November 18, 2007

Inspiration V 1.1

When I designed and stitched Inspiration a few months ago, I wasn't sure if I was going to frame it or turn it into an ornie. Yesterday I decided to turn it into an ornie. I didn't want to finish it the usual way, so I tried a new technique. I've seen a few ornaments finished this way, but I never read instructions on how to do it. I basically winged this yesterday and I really like how it turned out. It takes longer to finish doing this method, but the results are really worth it.



I finally got an email from SB&B on Thursday that they were shipping my order. Yay! I cannot wait! I am going to try really hard to not start anything yet until I finish an ornie for Ayame and T. Let's see how long I can hold off. ;)

In baby news: Ayame has tried pureed peaches, bananas and pears. The peaches she liked in the beginning, but wasn't too fond of it when I tried to feed her some again. The bananas were not a hit at first, but when I mixed in a little bit of baby rice, she really loved it. The pears with baby rice was also a big hit. I'm glad that she's enjoying the fruit. She really didn't like eating just plain baby rice. Its so much easier to feed her now.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Your ornie is fantastic - and I'm glad that little Ayame has found food that she likes.

Etsy is good - I'm still in the process of adding new stock, but it's going well.

Anonymous said...

Your finishing is beautiful, Abi!