Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11, 2007



Susan's blog reminded me of my first ever visit to NY/NJ. It was the summer of 2001 and I had a wonderful time. My dad's cousin in NJ took me on a tour of Liberty Island. I'm not sure exactly where this photo was taken (I think it was before we got on the boat going to the island). I remember being absolutely upset that I couldn't get a picture of me with the Empire State Building in the background. I didn't even know what the WTC was and I didn't understand the big deal or why everyone was crowding the area trying to get a nice picture. Little did I know that in a few days, the WTC would be all over the news. :( This was taken on September 2, 2001.

2 comments:

Shalini said...

Seems like this is from the Liberty State Park - the one where you take the tickets for the ferry from. We were just there last week. It was so sad seeing the big gap there.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Thanks for sharing, Abi.

If it's any consolation - I've been to New York 3 times, and I have yet to have a picture taken with the Statue of Liberty in the background. One day...