Monday, September 10, 2007

Spot of Coffee 1

My current WIP is LHN's Spot of Coffee. I am stitching it on a piece of Charles Craft 28 count Tea Irish Linen using the recommended DMC floss. I am enjoying the project so far despite cutting the fabric wrong. There seems to be enough margin on the right side, so its not so bad. One thing though... I am not too fond of this fabric. I only bought a small roll to try and I will not be purchasing anymore. The fabric is rough and the weave is very loose. I much prefer Charles Craft's Monaco which is soft and has a very tight weave. Anyway, I hope to finish this project by the weekend.

Spot of Coffee © Little House Needleworks

***********
I signed up for the Attic Needlework newsletter ages ago and it has been absolutely horrible. Every week I see something I like! LOL. The latest newsletter is no exception. I am drooling over these two charts:

Cappuccino © Little House Needleworks


Black Dahlia © Examplar Dames Design


*Drool drool* I love, love, love both designs. Both have found their way into my ever-growing wish list of course.

**********

Ayame is doing great. She is now sleeping through the night, 8 hours straight! Yay SLEEP!!! She does get REALLY FUSSY before she finally falls asleep though. A nice feeding helps a lot. She smiles all the time and is talking so much! She loves to look at Daddy and its just so adorable. DH plays around with her and tries to hide and poor baby would probably turn her head 180 degrees if she could just so she can see Daddy. :)

2 comments:

Christine S said...

Great progress on your Spot of Coffee! I really like the Black Dhalia chart, too. It seems different than most samplers for some reason.

Monsoon said...

Yep the fussy before sleep is normal. A. literally screams for 30 minutes before she will finally fall asleep. but then she will sleep through the night and wake up all happy for the day. I asked my Ped. when she would stop being fussy at night, he said "sometime before she gets married" Haha funny guy.
Heather