Thursday, September 06, 2007

Postpartum Hair Loss

Before giving birth, I read somewhere to expect some postpartum hair loss. Fine, whatever. No problem. I've been told more than once that I have enough hair for 3 people. I pity the poor girl who has to wash my hair at the salon, and I feel totally horrible for the poor girl who has to blow dry my hair. But I digress. No one told me CHUNKS would fall out! I'm not even exaggerating. I showered and there was hair EVERYWHERE. Really scary. After doing some research, I found out that an insane amount is to be expected. I still have a lot of hair, but I think it would be less scary if my hair wasn't so long... the clumps falling out wouldn't look so alarming... I hope.

In stitching news, I am still working on LHN's Spot of Coffee. I realized last night that I cut my fabric wrong. I went by the measurements given on the chart. The only problem is the model was stitched on 32 count. I'm using 24 count. My right and bottom margins will be smaller than I'd like (about an inch), but it should still be okay. *fingers crossed*

2 comments:

Erica said...

My hair is fairly long too (though not as long as yours) and I found it very alarming when mine fell out in clumps similar to yours after my kids were born. It's scary, but it will stop before you know it. With my second child my hair went very grey and luckily it was the grey that fell out in clumps!

If your fabric for Spot of Coffe still seems too small, you could always sew a 2-inch strip of fabric around the edges - it'll be hidden by framing if that's your plan..... Good luck!

sugardoll said...

My hair was just gorgeous while pregnant (must be all the hormones!!), it grew like a weed and wouldn't stop that by the time I decided to trim it was almost past halfway down my butt! I didn't even notice it had gotten so long cuz I had always kept it tamed with a humongous hair clip! Then i gave birth to my son and I dealt with the hair loss for close to a year. I got really scared because of how much was falling off, even when i use my wide toothed comb! And especially when I wash my hair, so then, since i stay home I washed my hair only 3x-4x a week intervals, the hair is at it's weakest point when wet. My friend was also complaining the same and she kept telling me she was going bald LOL. But it dies down as time progresses, so don't worry. ((hugs though))