Tuesday, November 20, 2007

More Pictures

Yesterday, I got my birthday order from SB&B. It had everything except for my Pomegranate GAST. These LHN charts were calling out to me the loudest. If I could spend like crazy, I would probably buy them all. :) For this order, I got:
Dear Diary - Abigail Winslow
Lavender Hill
Thread Gathering Kit
Cappuccino
Frappuccino
Home Sweet Home by CCN
All Heart by Elizabeth's Designs


I also got some piecemaker needles and a black scissor sheath for my Solingens. I also got lots of floss! (More to sort and bag and inventory, but I don't mind.) I got the whole Cottage Colours set, a whole bunch of Crescent Colours, some GAST, a skein of WDW, and two of the new DMC Color Variations.

I am very happy with what I got. The CC floss are soooo pretty!


******

Last night, T was craving dessert so I made pumpkin pie. Yes, a few days early for Thanksgiving, but why wait for good dessert when I can have it now? I tried fluting my edges but it wasn't turning out right. I knew all I had to do was pinch the pastry using my thumb and forefingers but it just looked horrible. Finally, I checked how to do it online. I forgot one crucial part. You have to tuck the edges! Thus making the edge two layers of pastry, making it thicker, making it be able to "stand" and pinchable. :) Here are the results:



The fluted edges look so much better than crimping it with a fork. My plating skills needs improvement. Look at that mess! I have to confess that I took two pictures of the slice. The first slice was on a red plate and didn't show off the color of the pie too well, so I sliced a piece for me and used the blue plate. LOL.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh that looks SO yummy!

I'll be making a pumpkin cheesecake later to take to my in-laws for Thanksgiving, and making a cranberry apple crisp when I get there. There will also be a pumpkin pie, because you can never have too many desserts!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I want to tuck into that pie myself! YUM-O!
Your stash is just WOW! Great :)
And CC threads are my favorite overdyes...love 'em!

Anonymous said...

Your stash looks great!

Pumpkin pie - yuck! Pumpkin is a vegetable, not suitable for desert (maybe it's a taste you have to be born with - it's unheard of in Australia!)

Von said...

Your pie looks delish! My sister is the pie baker in the family and I must say her apple pie this year was the best ever, lol! I really appreciate her efforts. :D

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your pie looks delicious, and your stash, I would love to come and play with it.

Anonymous said...

Love to see your blog!!
_____________________________________
Cross stitch