Sunday, November 06, 2005

Best Birthday Ever!

This has got to be my best birthday EVER. We started celebrating my birthday on Thursday night. DH took me out to a fancy dinner at The Red Mill Inn. It was amazing. He had Prime Rib and I had Tuscan Shrimp. The Prime Rib was the house specialty, so I had to try several bites of it.

After dinner, we went to Barnes and Noble, where I got 3 magazines: Cross Stitch Collection (Nov. 2005), Cross Stitch Gold (Issue #34), and DMC's Best of Cross Stitch Favorites. After that was more shopping at AC Moore. I got Fish City and 2 kits that were in the 50% off bin (Wintertime Friends and Universal Unity). I also got a Choco Cat pillow. It is sooo cute!

DH also bought me all sorts of things at AC Moore. I got a whole bunch of Hello Kitty stickers, a planner, a metal box (perfect for cross stitch trinkets), a memory book and he also got me a Sharpie set!

On Friday, DH had a bouquet of pink roses delivered to me at work. They're gorgeous! That night we went out to dinner again. This time at Chili's. I had Cajun Ribeye and it was really good. I couldn't finish the whole thing tho so I'll be having the leftovers for dinner soon.

Yesterday, we went to East Aurora to check out my not-so-LNS, The Needle Hive. I went totally crazy! The store is adorable. They mostly carry primitives and samplers and Americana items. There were two models that I fell in love with, but both were out of stock. The first one was the Red Reindeer Sampler and the other one was a kit of brightly colored coffee cups. Oh well, its not like I wasn't able to find other things that I liked. DH was the eager evil enabler, showing me all sorts of pretty charts and kits. Here is my haul:

Fabric: 28 ct Silvery Moon Cashel Linen, 30 ct Vanilla Gold Legacy Linen and 28 ct Blue Hand-dyed Linen

Fibers: 3 GAST (Blueberry, Briar Rose & Claret), and 4 Waterlilies (Black Forest, Midnight, Periwinkle, and Plum)

Pattern Packs:
Just Nan's Pearl Orchid
The Drawn Thread's The Treasure Box and Winter Into Spring

Charts:
Bent Creek: Dance of the Bumblebee, Fox Hollow
Bleu de Chine: Birds
Little House Needleworks: Coffee Menu
The Good Huswife: Sarah's Marking Sampler
Hinzeit: Oak Tree
The Needle's Prayse: The Queen's Sampler (I got 129/1000)
Dimensions: Northern Dignity
TW: Tropical Dream
Elizabeth's Designs: Green Old Gardens
Permin: Sampler 1663, Sampler 1778
Jorinde & Joringel: Derfeine Faden

I got tired just typing that in! DH's card was definitely smoking by the time I was done. There's another store at Orchard Park, but I knew it would've been very dangerous to go visit there.

Ooh, I almost forgot! I also got a 2006 Cross Stitch Calendar on Wednesday!

I'm currently charging the batteries for the camera. I'll post pics as soon as I can :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow -- congrats!!! (and my sympathies to your poor DH and his credit card!! hehe)

One of my coworkers goes to the store in Orchard Park, I think...is that the one where you can get back issues of magazines at cover prices? Someday I need to go there!

Scully said...

Aww Abi I didn't realise it was your birthday! Sounds like you had a great one tho! I really like the coffee menu, it's lovely. I have pondered over some of the Bleu de Chine charts myself, they are really nice. Well done on a great stash haul!