Monday, December 19, 2005

And The Winner Is...



...Oak Tree by Hinzeit!

This chart was one of the many charts I purchased at The Needlehive on my birthday. I really like this chart. Its so simple, and yet so pretty.

I am stitching it on a piece of 30 count Legacy Linen in Vanilla Gold. The design only uses 8 colors. I've only done a bit of the border so far. I'll take a progress pic after a week.

I think that this design has been discontinued. I cannot find a picture of it on line. The pic that came with the chart was poorly taken. The border is supposed to be Xs and satin stitches, but you can barely see that on the picture.

I started stitching on the top left side of the design. I think I will leave the satin stitches last as I don't want the thread to snag.

I still haven't decided if I will do a rotation this year, or if I'll work on one piece at a time. We'll see I guess. I would really like to have more finishes in 2006 than I did in 2005.

1 comment:

Scully said...

Abi, it looks a lovely design. I love the colours and the squirrels are really sweet. I look forward to seeing WIP pics ;)