Sunday, April 01, 2007

Glucose Test Whine

I had my glucose test last Friday. My appointment was at 9. I don't know why I bother setting an appointment since Quest doesn't follow it anyway. They got to me around 9:30. I got poked on my right arm first then she made me drink 10 oz of orange crap that had 100 g of glucose. For a while I was worried that I would have to drink 3 bottles of the crap since this test was 3 hours and the last test was 1 hour. The stuff was NASTY. It took me 20 minutes to finish the bottle. And the count to the first hour didn't start until AFTER I drank every last drop. After that, it was 30 minutes of trying really, really, really hard to not throw up. Baby didn't like it either. She was throwing a crazy fit, which did not help me at all. The techs said to try really hard not to get sick coz I would just have to drink the crap again. I DID NOT want to drink any more of that stuff every again. The crap finally knocked me out and I woke up in time for stabbing #2. The tech decided to stab my right arm again. She chose a different vein, but it still hurt. I decided to stitch a bit and I finally got to work on Long Dog's The Token. Stab #3 was on the left arm and stab #4 was on the right arm. Both arms are still bruised today. I hope the test results are okay. I do not want to have gestational diabetes. I don't want to have to prick myself everyday and watch what I eat. I'm Asian. You can't tell me to not eat rice or to just eat a little bit of rice. That will kill me.

In other news, T is back from North Carolina! Yay! I slept really good Friday night. So good that I didn't wake up until 3 pm Saturday! Yikes! I was a bit disoriented when I woke up finally, but I felt so rested. It was the first time in a while that I didn't have heartburn or didn't have to get up to pee. :)

In stitching news, I am still working on Oh Holly Night. I am so close to running out of floss though. Carol has offered me a skein of GA Pomegranate. Thanks Carol!

1 comment:

HasturTorres said...

You poor person! Those tests are the pits. I had one done 15 years ago and I still remember the taste of the drink and the pain of having the blood drawn so many times. My bruising was so bad I had a high school teacher pull me aside to see if I had anything that people needed to know (meaning- are you being beaten).