Sunday, January 22, 2006

A day of progress pics

I've been very lazy with posting progress pics. So I spent a bit of time today and got all my scans ready and got a bit organized.

First up is Celtic Banner. I stitched *very little* last Sunday. I only got to work on the border. Today, I was able to stitch more. I finished the knotwork as well as one of the squares next to the knotwork.

Next is Santa's Wildlife Stocking, aka, DH's stocking. I got to work on his Thursday night and Friday night. Progress has been slow, but I like the details on the project and I definitely like working on linen better than the Aida that came with the kit. You still can't see any of the sparklies on the fabric. I will have to charge the batteries for the camera and take a decent picture. Maybe we'll have sunlight again in Buffalo next weekend.

And to save the best for last is Ye Olde Coffee House by Little House Needleworks. I started this on Monday night and I worked on it on Tuesday and Wednesday nights as well.

This is one of three coffee-themed charts that I have from Little House Needleworks. It is from the June 2004 Just Cross Stitch issue. The other charts I have are Coffee Menu and Spot of Coffee.

I am stitching i on 32 count Vintage Belfast Linen in Country Mocha using 1 strand of DMC floss. I decided to do 1 strand over 2 to give it a delicate look. I started with 2 strands, but it looked a bit bulky. I definitely prefer the 1 strand.




5 comments:

Anne S said...

Your WIP's are looking great - look forward to seeing your coffee project, as I don't think I've seen that one before :)

Anonymous said...

Nice progress pics! Congrats on all of the wonderful stitching. :)

Scully said...

They are all looking great so far Abi. Well done on all your progress :)

CJ in OK ;-) said...

The Celtic Banner is looking great, that knotwork section must have been difficult to work. Have fun with the LHN coffee house.
CJ

Dani - tkdchick said...

Abi, great progress on all of your projects!!!