Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Stash, stash, stash!!!

I absolutely love getting things in the mail. Opening the mail box and finding something there that's not a bill always brightens my day. Even when I was younger, I always loved sending and getting letters, postcards and packages. When we lived in Australia, I rode my bike to and from school. I would always go as fast as I could going home so that I would get home before my sister (who took the bus). Whoever got home first got to check the mailbox.

This morning, my mailman dropped off an envelope from Kat. She sent me 2 bobbins of J&P Coats Pastelles, Dragon Dreams' Blackwork Princess, Cross Eyed Kat's Maze, and Monsterbubbles' Yourself. I love my new stash! :)

------------------------------------------------
DH built me new shelves for my little office this weekend. We had a 10% off Home Depot coupon, so off we went on Sunday. It was cheaper to buy 4 shelves (2 for me, 2 for DH), brackets, the wall thingies, and screws and just build everything yourself than it is to buy one of those "furniture in a box". I will have to take pictures of my new office as soon as I get everything clean and organized. I'm thinking of eventually going to a dollar store to get some plastic bins so my things look more neat on the new shelves.

I also my only 2 framed pieces by my window (my other framed pieces are at my parents' house). I will mount a small shelf over the window for all my plushies. I think I'll do that today. The L-brackets need one more coat of beige paint first. Beige L-brackets definitely look better than icky gray L-brackets.

1 comment:

Scully said...

OOh, stash! It's always great to get some in the post isn't it? lol
I like the maze pattern, it looks like it could be one of those 'easy but invites lots of frogs' designs!